Estimated Arrival: Between Mar 06 and Mar 10. *ETA to USA Only
Brothers and Sisters is an American television drama series that aired on ABC from September 24, 2006, to May 13, 2007. The first season of the show focuses on the Walker family, a large and wealthy family living in Pasadena, California.
The season comprises of 23 episodes and follows the lives of the five adult Walker siblings - Sarah (Rachel Griffiths), Tommy (Balthazar Getty), Kevin (Matthew Rhys), Justin (Dave Annable), and Kitty (Calista Flockhart) - as they navigate their personal and professional lives, while dealing with the death of their patriarch, William Walker.
The season sees the introduction of several key characters, including Holly Harper (Patricia Wettig), William's mistress and the mother of his secret daughter, Rebecca (Emily VanCamp), who becomes a romantic interest for Justin, and Saul Holden (Ron Rifkin), William's brother and a close confidant of the Walker family.
Throughout the season, the Walker siblings struggle with their relationships with each other, as well as their romantic partners, colleagues, and friends. The season also features several major storylines, including:
- The revelation of William's affair and the introduction of Rebecca to the family, which causes tension and drama
- Tommy's financial struggles and his attempts to keep the family business afloat
- Kevin's coming out as gay and his subsequent relationship with Scotty (Luke Macfarlane)
- Sarah's difficulties in her marriage and her affair with a married man
- Kitty's struggles with her political career and her desire to start a family
Season 1 is notable for its focus on family dynamics and relationships, as well as its exploration of contemporary issues such as homosexuality, infidelity, and politics. The season is also marked by strong performances from the ensemble cast, as well as its compelling and emotional storylines.